Tuesday 24 January 2012

Recording soft- and hardware

Mac Book Pro
The hard ware I am using is a ( almost on the day) five year old 15 " Mac Book Pro, 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. I have maximized the memory to four GB (667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM). The computer is running Mac OS 10.6. I haven't dared to upgrade to the latest Mac OS.

Audacity
I use this program for adding drums to drum less music, that I don't need to edit or do anything extra with.  I usually open a track and add the drum less mp3 and plug in the output to my TD-9 Unit. Then I adjust the volume to my satisfaction and record the drums directly in Audacity. Couldn't be more simple!

Logic 9 Pro
There is, of course, projects that Audacity isn't enough, e.g. when recording an entire song or when I really, really need a click track (yes, audacity has that feature to, but no!)!
My level of expertise is low, I only have a weekend crash course as a background. The course have, however, given me a really good ground to stand on and the means to seek new knowledge and new ways of doing things.
  The way I write music, in the extend I write my own, I usually record the guitar in Logic, then add the drums. Last I add bass either with the keyboard or with midi directly in Logic. Sounds surprisingly good!

No comments:

Post a Comment